Ledner and Zaiff Dental Designs is Open For Emergency Visits During Covid-19 Pandemic
In response to Covid-19, Ledner and Zaiff Dental Designs in Shrub Oak (Yorktown), NY will be open for dental emergencies and urgent dental care for existing and new patients until further notice. Based on the recommendations by the American Dental Association, the Center for Disease Control, and New York State we have rescheduled all elective dental procedures and routine dental cleanings. By treating dental emergencies at our office, we can do our part in helping patients and avoid their going to the hospital where there is a greater risk for Covid-19 exposure. Emergency Dentistry appointments are available for root canals (endodontics), oral surgery (extractions), dental implant infections, TMJ pain, periodontal infections, toothaches, fractured teeth, and other immediate dental problems.
Protecting Patients and Staff Is Our Utmost Priority
In addition to the sterilization techniques, meticulous disinfection, and plastic barriers that we have always used in our dental office, Dr. Elliot Ledner and Dr. Janet Zaiff are taking additional steps to protect patients and staff against Covid-19.
1. We only attend to the needs of one patient at a time in the office. Patients will be asked to wait in their cars when they arrive for their dental appointments. They can check in with us by calling us at 914-245-8250 when they arrive. We will call you back on the phone when we are ready to escort you into the building. People accompanying the patient will remain in their cars unless it's a minor with their parent or a patient in need of assistance with an aide.
2. The patient's temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer used by their forehead prior to entering our building. The patient will also be verbally screened for possible Covid-19 exposure and a complete medical history will be taken.
3. Upon entering the dental office, patients will be required to wear a mask or face covering and will be given hand sanitizer.
4. All dentists, hygienists, and dental assistants will wear disposable gowns, face shields, N95 masks, head covers and shoe covers to protect our patients and staff members.
5. For your safety, we have installed a new dual pump high-powered suction system for use in all our dental treatment rooms.
6. All patients will be required to rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash prior to any dental work.
7. Patients exhibiting symptoms or who think they may have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 will be offered a Telehealth appointment and will be asked to reschedule his/her in-office dental appointment.
8. Telehealth appointments are always available for new and existing patients.
9. Plexiglass shields have been installed by the front desk.
10. All dental treatment rooms have been installed with a HEPA Air Purifier which features UV-C (ultraviolet light) germicidal protection.
These have been challenging times for all of us. You can be assured that Ledner and Zaiff Dental Designs is taking all the necessary precautionary measures to stop the spread of Covid-19 and keep our patients safe.
We wish everyone good health during these difficult times.
Dr. Elliot Ledner and Dr. Janet Zaiff
1050 East Main Street
Shrub Oak, NY. 10588
914 245 8250